PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
- Treat everyone involved with our team with respect and courtesy at all times both on and off the court. This includes teammates, coaches, officials and opponents.
- Behavior destructive to the team, unsportsmanlike behavior, profanity or behavior that demonstrates a lack of self-control will not be tolerated at practices or in games.
- School comes before basketball. All players will complete homework and study when they should and to the best of their abilities. If players do not wait until the last minute to do their homework and/or studying, school will rarely interfere with basketball.
- Attend all practices, or notify coach (ahead of time if possible) why you are to attend. An unexcused absence from practices may affect playing time in the following game or tournament. Two or more unexcused absences may result in suspension from the team. Any practice from which you are asked to leave due to inappropriate behavior will be treated as an unexcused absence. Missing practice because you were grounded by your parents will be treated as an unexcused absence. So, don’t do anything to get grounded.
- Arrive at all practices ready to play at least fifteen (15) minutes before the scheduled start, or notify coach (ahead of time if possible) why you will be late. An unexcused tardy at a practice may affect your playing time in the following game or tournament. Two or more unexcused tardies will be treated as an unexcused absence.
- Arrive at all games at least thirty (30) minutes before the scheduled tip-off time, or notify a coach (ahead of time if possible) why you will be late. An unexcused tardy at games may affect your playing time in the game or tournament, including sitting out the entire first quarter.
- Listen carefully to all coaches’ instructions. Try to the best of your ability to carry out all coaches’ requests during practices and games. Players will be constantly evaluated on their demonstration of coach-ability, hustle, mental and physical toughness, loyalty to team, unselfishness and the desire to improve their skills and the skills of their teammates. Attitude is important.
- Focus on what the team is doing and try to use practice time to improve your skills and physical abilities, as well as those of your teammates. Being part of a basketball team will require sacrifices, adjustments, and commitment on the part of the players, their families, and the coaches.
- Practice good health habits. This includes getting eight (8) or more hours of sleep when possible, eating breakfast, eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water every day, limiting your intake of soda and abstaining from all alcohol, illegal drugs and tobacco products.
- All players must wear uniforms provided by the GRBC unless prior approval has been given.
- There are to be no competitors logo worn during games when representing GRBC.
Players must present themselves in accordance with GRBC/AAU dress code.
- No doo-rags are to be worn in public.
- No uniform or everyday clothes will be worn sagging.
- No GRBC uniforms will be worn outside of GRBC activities.
- No defacing of GRBC issued sneakers/uniforms or Club apparel.
- All teams must wear GRBC issued game sneakers (Adidas only).
- No earrings are to be worn to/during practice and games. No band-aids. Earrings must be removed before practice and games.
All Players, Coaches, and Parents must conduct themselves in a proper manner at all times during practice, games, and travel in accordance with GRBC rules.
Physical Contact Misconduct
- No individual shall at any time strike, shove, threaten to strike, or lay a hand upon an official, player or spectator
- No individual shall use unnecessary rough tactics during the course of practice and/or game
Verbal and Visual Misconduct
- No individual shall engage in an abusive, verbal attack upon officials or any individual on or off the contest area
- No Individual shall use trash talk, profane, or obscene/vulgar language under any circumstances on or off the contest area
- No individual shall engage in any objectionable demonstrations of dissent or unsportsmanlike conduct such as throwing equipment or any other forceful action(s)
- No individual shall, with the exception of coaches, contend the decision of an official.
- No individual shall refuse to abide by an officials decision
- No individual shall appear in the contest area under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- No individual shall at any time take, borrow, or steal anything not belonging to them
- No individual shall at any time play fight or participate in horseplay in any manner
Penalties for Misconduct
- Minimum Penalty: Warning by the Club official or site supervisor
- Medium Penalty: Suspension from the current game/practice and any subsequent game/practice
- Medium Penalty: Club Official may suspend the individual/team/coach/parent for one game/tournament
- Maximum Penalty: Penalty will be determined after GRBC staff review